Congratulations on Making the Commitment to Better Health and Vitality
With support and guidance from your Practitioner, following a detoxification program can be an effective strategy for improving the state of your health.
Detoxification is a natural metabolic process whereby the environmental and dietary toxins we are exposed to are changed into less harmful substances, and subsequently excreted from the body. The Metagenics Detoxification Program aims to address dietary and lifestyle factors to reduce the burden placed on your detoxification system, while simultaneously supporting the capacity of your key detox organs. The ultimate goal of a professional detoxification program is to provide you with a personalised protocol that is safe and effective, and enables you to achieve the best possible health.
The Metagenics Detoxification Programs Explained
There are five Metagenics Detoxication Programs - The Express Detox Program, The Integrated Detox and three Specialised variations. Your Practitioner will recommend the program that is most suited to your health needs and will tailor your detoxification so that you can achieve the best possible results. Throughout the chosen program, your Practitioner will prescribe nutritional and herbal formulas with dietary and lifestyle guidelines to support and enhance your detoxification processes. Your individual product prescription and the duration of treatment will vary depending on which program is appropriate; however dietary and lifestyle guidelines remain consistent for all the detox programs.
Your Practitioner will select one of the following detoxification programs, tailored to your individual health needs:
- Express Detox Program: The Express Detox may be recommended for individuals who are simply aiming to optimise their current state of good health and do not suffer from digestive or chronic health concerns. This short two week detox may be appropriate for those who are essentially well, but who have recently overindulged. It is also ideal as a regular ‘spring clean’ detox after having completed one of the Integrated or Specialised Detoxification programs previously, to keep you well in the long term.
- Integrated Detox Program: A four week program suitable for most patients to improve their digestive health, liver function and overall health and wellbeing. This program is appropriate for those with general digestive or health imbalances and may aid in supporting healthy intestinal microbial balance.
- Specialised Gut Detox: An extended six week detoxification program ideal for those who suffer from chronic or extensive digestive symptoms, or experience digestive conditions and imbalances in gut flora that negatively impact on health and wellbeing.
- Specialised Liver Detox: An extended six week detoxification program may be recommended to those with a high level of chemical exposure or who require additional liver support to improve health.
- Specialised Chelation Detox: An extended six week detoxification program to support those exposed to heavy metals, such as lead, arsenic, mercury or cadmium. This program enhances the removal of heavy metals.
- Pregnancy: Detoxification should not be attempted during pregnancy. If you fall pregnant while doing a detox you should stop the program and contact your Practitioner. If you are planning to conceive, it is however, a very good idea for both partners to detoxify before pregnancy. Eggs and sperm take three to four months to develop, so you should aim to have completed your detox at least four months prior to conception.
- Medication: Many prescription medications can be affected by the detoxification process. However, it is unusual that you will need to alter the dosage of the medication you are taking; you may just need to separate the doses away from your detox supplements. Your Practitioner will be able to advise you if the medication you are taking will be affected by your detox, and if this is the case, will provide recommendations on what to do. Be sure to inform your Practitioner of any medication you are taking before you start your detox.
- Side effects: Occasionally people may experience adverse symptoms during a detoxification program, such as nausea, changes in bowel function or headaches. Generally these are short term and will resolve without need for intervention; however, you should discuss them with your Practitioner if they are severe or last more than a few days.
Ask your Practitioner today about the Metagenics Detoxification program; they are trained to support and guide you and will help you on your journey to true health and vitality.