Outstanding Service to Community Award
Metagenics and One Health are both deeply committed to community health and assisting those in need. The Outstanding Service to Community Award (OSCA) aims to recognise the increasing number of Practitioners who are similarly engaged in making a world that works for everyone.
To create a platform that inspires and recognises active engagement in community health by Metagenics Practitioners.
How It Will Work
Nominations of Practitioners that are actively contributing to positive health outcomes within their community (in addition to their clients) will be taken throughout the year.
Nominations may be put forward by Metagenics Area Sales Managers, a fellow Practitioner, or individuals themselves that are engaged in philanthropic initiatives.
Local, national and global initiatives can all be nominated, as can one-off events or ongoing regular programs.
To be eligible, initiatives must be philanthropic in intent and anchored in holistic health practices or principles. Activities may be directed towards disadvantaged and marginalised community groups or the general public.
This is a great opportunity to give the cause of your initiative exposure within the Natural Healthcare Practitioner community!
Approaches For Your Initiative May Include:
- A workplace giving or staff volunteering program
- A traditional charity model
- A social enterprise or business
- A fundraising initiative
- Entirely education-based
- Or be service and treatment focused
Examples Of How Practitioners Might Start Their Initiative:
- Free public talks to local community groups
- Discounted/free clinic appointments for disadvantaged community groups or members
- Donations made to charity organisations (from the clinic/business)
- Partnering with or participating in local charity activities
- A percentage of sales committed to a cause
- Bespoke initiatives developed by or participated in by Practitioners
- Creation of employment pathways for disadvantaged community members
- Advocacy and awareness-raising pieces on key issues affecting their community
Criteria For Evaluation
While the spirit of this idea is firmly rooted in inspiration rather than competition, in order to recognise extraordinary achievements in this space, consideration will be given to the following areas:
- Scale of the program and/or results, including sustainability of impact
- Number of people impacted
- Number of hours volunteered
- Amount of money raised or value of services delivered
- Initiatives must be philanthropic in intent and anchored in holistic health practices or principles
- Is the program accessible to marginalised or disadvantaged groups?
- Is the program operating in isolation or does it partner with/leverage existing infrastructure, groups or services?
- Is the impact of the initiative short, medium, or long-term?
In addition to Metagenics media promotion and exposure, the winner will be enlisted into the OSCA Hall of Fame and also receive:
- Free registration to Congress;
- $1,000 worth of products (RRP) to be used towards their cause (if applicable); and
- An award from Metagenics and One Health Organisation recognising their achievements.
Submit your nominationOSCA Hall of Fame
Entries Close On 3rd April 2020
Nominations will be initially vetted by the Metagenics OSCA team and a shortlist put forward to One Health Organisation. Based on best practice criteria, One Health will recommend the Award recipient amongst the nominees. The Award recipient will be notified by Metagenics prior to Congress 2020 with their achievements announced at the event.
Terms and Conditions: